Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Love at First Stitch and Kwik Sew 3364

 This scarf is from the book Love at First Stitch by Tilly Walness.  She has instructions for 2 different sizes and this is the smaller size.  I used a poly chiffon from JoAnns that I bought years ago.
 Some of the Kwik Sew patterns have sashes included in with the patterns and I used one of those patterns for this sash.
This is the poly chiffon and I waited years before I used it because I just didn't like the feel of it.  It seemed to ravel badly.  It did press reasonably well and sewed well.  I wanted to use all of this up, so I made 2 sashes of different lengths and 2 scarves.  They fold up nicely in my drawer and I have one less piece of fabric in my plastic container.  I used my Viking 960Q on these after letting it sit for several months and it acted wonderfully.  I love that machine,

No comments: