Monday, June 23, 2014

McCalls 4244

My youngest son wanted some new pj shorts for bedtime.  He did not want a set, he just wanted some shorts.  After a haircut, I went next door to finally face that our Hancocks is in fact closing, and look for some pj short fabric.  


This fabric was not my first choice.  I had my first choice in my arms when I saw a table with a bunch of bolts marked way down.  It's an all cotton quilting fabric. It was the only piece that seemed more boy related than the rest.
 I've had this pattern for some time, so it was time to try it.  I traced the small men's shorts.  The waist called for 2 pieces of 3/8's elastic and a drawstring to go through the middle casing.  I was completely out of 3/8's elastic and was not sure if I wanted to buy some for an untested pattern.  So I used 1 1/4 inch elastic and no drawstring.
 The full boxy view.  The 1 1/4 elastic worked just fine.  One pair has a car machine embroidered by my 960Q,and one pair some bicycles to tell back from front.

I love that these are more boxy and give more coverage.  We unexpectedly loved the print.  The lightweight quilting cotton is very soft and comfortable.  I'm glad I only traced the pattern.  I'm going to keep it in my current box for more boy pjs.  

No comments: