Saturday, August 1, 2015

Swimwear and a car update

 The pattern above is from Kwik Sew 3567, which is a sport top.  I made mine in swimwear fabric and 3/4 sleeves.  I want this to go over my one piece tank and my one piece racer back, also from a Kwik Sew pattern.  I can get in and out of the pool and not get cold, stay protected from the sun, and not offend neighbors or children.

 These bottoms were made from Kwik Sew 3239 in the same swimwear fabric.  My butt can get a little big, being a pear shape, and I also wanted some extra modesty butt coverings at times.  I wear these over my tank like a pair of swim shorts if I feel the need too.  Besides the 2 KS tanks, the sport top and the swim bottoms, I also have a bottom tie skirt from KS 3330.
 I forget to reorder my pictures.  I'm showing the inside construction of the sport top.  I used a sew and finish technique on my sewing machine.
My toes, and my Arizona Birkenstocks.

And, now a car update.  When we purchased our car, we bought it through a Honda dealer.  That dealer sold his dealership to a big multi used car dealership that has authorized Honda repair people.  After the last recall episode, I wanted to move away from that dealer and get fresh eyes on my situation.  Another recall notice came in and we moved up the road to a well thought of Honda only dealership.  The recall was sent out from Honda just to make sure everyone was sure to get their parts replaced.  This new guy took us over and sat into our car and explained to us that Honda did indeed replace the horn piece with the airbag attached because the other airbag was defective. * We thought this was the case, but the old multi car dealership was very confused and kept changing his story.
The next recall was for a gas cylinder.  So our car is perfect and if there is anything else he can do for us, let him know.  It felt like it was the first time we purchased our car.

I'm finishing up another project.  We think we may be losing our fridge.  Retire early and every major appliance goes.  In early retirement, there is no income, but that division of the company is closing forever.  We are also brushing off old sealer from our fence and putting on new sealer.  I'll try and remember to get a picture.  The brushed off fence looks great though.

No comments: