Thursday, March 26, 2015

Joy of Cooking Pimiento Cheese



Combine in a medium bowl;
1 4 ounce jar chopped pimientos, drained (I cannot find these, so I use red bell pepper strips chopped)
1 cup mayonnaise (I sometimes use a little bit more.)
1 garlic clove (I have used granulated or powdered, google and found out how much equals a clove)
1 tbl lemon juice
1 tea dry mustard
1/2 tea Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tea ground red pepper (This burns my lip just a bit and I have used paprika)

Beat with a wooden spoon or an electric mixer at medium speed until blended.  Add 2 cups grated Colby, (8 ounces) and 2 cups grated Cheddar (8 ounces)

Beat until the consistency of cottage cheese.  Makes about 4 cups.  From the Joy of Cooking 75th anniversary edition.

I have been told this is awesome.  You might think it's awesome too.


I have not blogged about Whitney's rice bags (from Whitney Sews).  The pillows I made using filler from a duct tape dress form I found in the attic, pillow cases made from sheets I was given that were the wrong size.

I'm currently working on #404 First Choice Boxers from Timber Lane Press.  They use up to 5 different fabrics and have the saggy butt.  I'm adding up to 5 inches in length depending on the amount of fabric I have in my remnant box.  These will be sleep shorts and I want them to be scooty comfortable.  I haven't made these in a very long time, and I'm needing some extra help on the fly.  I may do a tutorial when I have these figured out.

We are not on a strict budget, but I've been watching some old The Lucy Shows, (the clothing is so tailored), and I think some of the shows are rubbing off on me.

No comments: