Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Kwik Sew 3293

I'm finally finishing this jacket.  I began this jacket at the end of the summer and got all the way up until the button holes, and had to wait to get up my courage to do those.  I was in a sewing slump also.


I wanted a quick easy pattern at that time.

 I used a Ralph Lauren wool tweed I bought 3 or 4 years ago.  The lining is a rayon Bemburg lining and the buttons came from a coat my mother bought about 35 years ago, then gave me the coat, and I kept only the buttons when the coat began looking really worn.  She bought it from a thrift or resale shop at the time.
The pink pencil is showing the tuck this pattern includes in the lining pattern.  I've gained even more weight since I've made this, and I can only button the top 2 buttons.  It fits a little boxy but I'm okay with that because I wanted it to go over sleeveless wool dresses and long sleeve sweaters or tops and skirts.  I can then use it as a blazer, jacket, coat type of look.  I think it's a really beautiful jacket.

No comments: