Sunday, July 13, 2014

Saturday Drive


Texas Spiny Lizard.  Just in case you've never seen one.  We've seen some gecko's, but not as many as years past.  
They bob up and down when they are mad.

Friday night on the news, there was a quick blurp about the new highway being built over the lake and the 35 Express project.  This fall my son was supposed to be going to the state college up the road and taking Dart which has a stop at the college.  He decided to take a few last courses with one of his favorite teachers in one of his favorite subjects and get one more degree.  We told him that would be fine if he paid for it.  He got a job this summer and paid for it.  So we are driving him up the 35 express to the little college again.

Saturday morning, we get up and turn on our computer and Explorer 8 crashes and will not come up.  My husband and I decide to  put some gas in all of the cars while the boys work on the computer.  It's still not up, so we decide to go to the home improvement store to buy some home improvement things.  It's still not up, so we decide to see whats on 35 express and take one of the cars that's not seen highway driving in a while.
 The parking lot of the little college.  It soon will be very full.
 The baby cows grew up!!

 While we were in the area of several stores selling sewing machines, we decided to visit them.  I don't think I will have the same difficulty trading in my 960Q for an upgrade that I was having with my 936 Huskylock serger.  That was not pleasant at all.  So, with 8 or 9 days left on my listing, I ended the Ebay listing early.   There is another machine I am interested in spending some time with at the stores to see how we would get along.  I got a lot of watchers on the machine but no offers at all that I could say.  One wanted me to give the machine away for a very small amount and I pay the shipping but I declined.  That will not help me pay for the new machine.   I thank everyone for taking an interest though.
On the way back home, I got some picture of the new highway being built over the lake.
It's the same on the other side, but all the pictures I got had bushes and trees covering up the work.
The roads don't look bad at all.  I was worried about some crazy lane fixes, but there are none.  We got back from the drive and the computer was still not fixed.  It took until that night.

No comments: