I really like this pattern and thought it would lend it self to a number of different looks with different fabrics.
For the first trial, I used a clearance fabric that I bought when you could get fabric for 1.95 at a large fabric store. It changed hands and I don't think you can get it anymore at that price. It's a double sided weather proof on one side and fleece on the other. I bought it to experiment, then I got afraid of it.
I thought this fabric might be perfect with the pattern. The front. I top stitched some of the seams down in the gray, and some were topstitched in orange. I did that on purpose to minimize the horizontal lines on me. I almost used soft gray buttons, but I was really happy JoAnns had the orange buttons for half off too.
I decided to reinforce the buttons. Might be too much, but this fabric and pattern were new to me.
The back view. You can see the blue graduation gown peeking out. One of my kids is graduating from college next month. He really liked the smaller college and has mixed feelings on leaving it. He can take a few courses that transfer into his degree plan this next semester, and than it's all up at State U for the finish. I really think he will like the big college and I hear they have concerts and plays. My youngest is trying high school and we've been to fashion shows and basket ball games.
The pattern went together very well and I do plan on sewing it up again. I'm very pleased with it.