Thursday, May 16, 2013

Kwik Sew 3765

I'm calling these skirts my summer patio skirts.  I bought this pattern on a Kwik Sew sale even when I had the Easy Sewing book.  These skirts had a back center seam instead of both being cut on the fold.  A really silly thing to do because I could have just added a seam and cut the pattern pieces out how I wanted to.  I cut the longest length from 2 pieces of $1.00 to $2.00 cotton fabric. 
Instead of using the center back seam for a walking vent, I did what the book suggested to do and did a right side seam walking vent.  I didn't go as far up, but I could have gone a little farther up than I did.  This is about 8 inches.  It just shows the front of my lower leg up past the ankle.  I wear these with sandals.
The vent from the outside.
The inside of the vent.  A quick and fast sew job.
The red skirt.
Frogs.


I bought some new summer t shirts and I've been wearing these around the house, soon to swim lessons and I really like them.  I'm working on a fall version in a lightweight fabric I forgot the name of.  It's cut out but I haven't been able to get back to it.  I think though with a sweater set and flat loafers or pumps, it will be a nice go out to dinner skirt, a change from pants.

No comments: