Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Summer skirts

It's been too long.  I feel like I am a beginner at blogging again.  My very busy year is progressing.  I was right.  It is proving to be a very busy year, and I keep adding things in to my calendar.  But on this cold rainy day, I pulled out my summer skirts and looked them over.
 
 If you don't remember, the red button on is a Butterick, the blue gingham from the Sew Easy Rupp book, the black and white knit (one of 2 actually), a Kwik Sew, the black gingham, and the navy gingham with the elastic waists are from the Kwik Sew Easy Blue book.
 The tan elastic waist (1 of 2), the darker tan with the print waistband, a drafted Dorthy Moore, the black knit, a recycle, the denim, new recently from the Kwik Sew blue book.
 The sailor blue a Kwik Sew skirt (3335).  The green rayon and the white twill are big 4's.  I think you've seen them, a flat yoke with an A line bottom and a back zipper.  It's a basic skirt I still see in the envelope drawings.
The tan, the plaid, and the denim are the basic A line (3877) from Kwik Sew.  I even have more, but they are for a different season.  I plan to wear these all summer.  I wear them with sandels, tennis shoes, loafers, flats, and low heels.  I really think I have enough, but I still think of whimsical summer prints, and long skirts. 

No comments: